Accountable To: Company Director
Key Objectives: To Be Best in Class
“To deliver the highest level of service to all our travel partners”
To Supervise all aspects of the “day to day” transport operations at W cropper Ltd T/A Fourway coaches by the efficient and effective utilisation of all company resources ensuring the highest level of industry standards are met.
Duties and responsibilities
1. To Manage the “day to day” operation of the transport department to ensure the use of all company vehicles are maximised.
2. To ensure the “day to day” Service delivery, driver, and vehicle allocation’s, ensuring all, legal, staffing, engineering, administrative, managerial and customer requirements are meet.
3. To Arrange Fleet preparation, operational paperwork “runout” arrangements, correct vehicle type allocation, quality control checks, ensuring the operation is carried out as planned.
4. To recognise and maximise opportunities created by other operators, ie Breakdowns, flight divert, DTE, emergency railway, to increase driver utilisation and company revenue.
5. Deal with breakdowns, other operational challenges, customer complaints (effectively, calmly and politely)
6. To ensure Walk rounds checks are completed by drivers and to conduct regular random gate checks on early runout also conduct random drink and drug checks
7. To ensure all relevant documentation regarding driver hours, WTD, RTA regulations are planned in accordance with the EC561/06 (Revised 2020)
8. To make all vehicles available as scheduled by the Managing Director for regular maintenance, MOT’s, accident damage and vehicle refurbishment with the statutory and company procedures
9. To ensure communications in all directions are carried out appropriately and effectively especially with colleagues, customers, and suppliers to optimise our service level and that all driving, and cleaning staff are always fully prepared and briefed for their duties
10. To motivate and lead by example always to ensure quality standards are meet
11. Ensure all company procedures and records are kept “UP TO DATE” and reviewed by annually to ensure the effectiveness of the operation
12. To ensure all drivers complete accident forms in a 24/48-hour period (on return to depot after a tour).
13. To Ensure the transport office is manned always in accordance with the agreed duty rota.
14. To ensure whilst “on call” everything set out in this document is carried out always and the phone is answered speedily.
15. To Ensure you keep yourself “up to date” with changes in any legislation regarding driver’s hours
16. To ensure when provided with updates on company software these are read and understood comprehensively.
17. To ensure the company quality standards are maintained and improved upon, to the highest possible standard of service delivery, Minimum standards are those set out by Law, Traffic Commissioners ‘code of practice, Coach Marque, The guild of British Coach Operators.
18. Any other tasks, Driving, yard duties, administration duties in accordance with the company expectations.