Fourway Coaches operates under a successful brand for Coach Hire and Maintenance of all PSV Vehicles From Basic Inspections (PMI) to Pre- Mot and Tachograph repairs, also electrical and body repairs.
Basic Function / Job Summary
You will learn and obtain experience in the fundamentals of either mechanical and electrical engineering or a combination of the two, primarily through training at ***** College* in your first year, and through onsite placements. From the second year onwards, you will continue to study part-time.
Your apprenticeship will last for a minimum of 3 years, during which time you will rotate around the wide range of engineering teams across our business.
Key / Specific Responsibilities
Full time study at college during your first year with business projects during holidays and part time study for subsequent years of the apprenticeship to achieve Technical Certificate Level 3 Diploma and NVQ Level 3 as a minimum**.
Subject to aspiration, performance and business requirement, you will progress onto Further and will have the opportunity to apply for a Additional Qualification post-apprenticeship.
Once you’re in the business full-time, you will undertake a series of objective training placements in different departments working on Diagnosis and DVSA Projects.
These may include:
• MOT TESTING – combining Your Apprenticeship and Knowledge, to Meet with DVSA Standards
• Tachograph Centers – Working and understanding the function and how to Fault fined and repair
• Research and Development – Identifying Design challenges with New Vehicles and feeding back in to the system to improve the product
• Assembly and Manufacturing Engineering – Front line problem solving and improvement projects in the Pre-Delivery Inspections of new vehicles
Where applicable, you may also experience business functions outside of Engineering, such as Finance, Customer Service and Sales in order to gain a full understanding of our business. Regular time for self-reflection and review, and one-to-one with your manager will be in place. You will also be able to access, and utilise, our comprehensive Associate training courses and materials. This will support you to regularly review your strengths and areas for development, and for two-way feedback.
As an apprentice you will also:
• Support and be a part of the Fourway Coaches Team
• Support All Colleagues
• Participate in Work Outings
• And more!
• A minimum of 5 GSCEs, achieved or predicted, A*- C or 9 – 4, including English, Maths and Science
• Strong desire to learn and develop, using open thinking; able to easily adapt to new ways of working
• An evident interest in engineering as a subject
• Experience of engineering activities are advantageous but not necessary. This may include
o Hobbies or voluntary work
o Previous work experience
o Engineering related school subjects
• Good IT skills – A working knowledge of Microsoft office programs is sufficient
• Ideally able to demonstrate a strong work ethic, e.g. through part time employment and/or voluntary activities
• Can do attitude and approach
• Support other and get involved
• Be a team player
Drive Continuous Improvement:
• Open to new things/adaptable
• Proactive and able to use your initiative
• Able to prioritise your time to achieve results
Focus on the End Customer:
• Inquisitive to learn and understand
• Can deal with ambiguity – able to make insights from different information and work on different projects
• Understand, and consider, the impact on the end customer
Set High Standards of Performance:
• Organised and structured in your approach
• Hard working/conscientious
• Take ownership of your work